Some common aids and equipment that can support people living with disability include:
• visual/hearing equipment - like hearing aids;
• mobility equipment - like walking frames;
• assistive equipment - like shower chairs, lifters, wheelchairs and bed barriers;
• aids for daily living - like modified eating utensils;
• prosthetics and orthotics - like artificial body parts or splints and braces; as well as sensory regulation and educational toys.
These supportive aids and equipment can be included in your NDIS plan and funded through the Scheme to either hire or buy.